The 21st century is an international knowledge economy era. Faced with this challenge, cultivate high-quality compound talents in English became English majors sacred mission. 2000 issued by the Ministry of Education "English Majors syllabus" clearly states: "College English English language training with a solid foundation and broad cultural knowledge and proficiency in the use of English in foreign affairs, education, economy, trade, culture , science and technology, military and other departments engaged in translation, teaching, management, research and other work of complex English talent. " As one of the main courses in English and American Literature course aims to "develop students 'reading, appreciation and understanding of the ability of the original English literature, literary criticism to master the basic knowledge and methods by reading and analyzing works of American literature, to promote students' language and basic skills Humanities and improving the quality of, and enhance students' understanding of Western literature and culture. " Literature class in cultivating talents important role in English need to repeat. However, technology and commodity-oriented market economy under the impact of "Anglo-American literature course continue to be some 'practical' courses Jixiang 'on the edge', and its influence continues to be weakened." Now the teaching of English and American Literature encountered a great challenge: on the one hand students complain literature difficult to learn, interest is not high; the other hand, teachers are also disgruntled, literature difficult to teach. I believe that this phenomenon both on literature teaching the underlying causes of lack of knowledge, but also on the technical aspects of teaching strategies such limitations. This article aims to reflect on the domestic literature teaching problems and put forward reasonable proposals, hoping to provide a reference for the teaching literature.21世纪是一个国际化的知识经济时代。面临着这一挑战,培养高素质的复合型英语人才就成为高等学校英语专业的神圣使命。2000年教育部颁布的《高等学校英语专业英语教学大纲》明确指出:“高等学校英语专业培养具有扎实的英语语言基础和广博的文化知识,并能熟练地运用英语在外事、教育、经贸、文化、科技、军事等部门从事翻译、教学、管理、研究等工作的复合型英语人才”。作为英语专业主干课程之一的英美文学课程旨在“培养学生阅读、欣赏、理解英语文学原着的能力,掌握文学批评的基本知识和方法。通过阅读和分析英美文学作品,促进学生语言基本功和人文素质的提高,增强学生对西方文学及文化的了解”。文学课在培养复合型英语人才方面的重要作用无需赘述。An Anglo-American Literature Teaching Problems and their causes一、英美文学教学中存在的问题及其原因
(A) students' lack of knowledge learning literature, interest is not high. The reason is that comes along with the rapid development of market economy, pragmatism thoughts on student motivation. Students choose a professional job when the primary consideration is the ease, very few people will actually depart from their own interests. In recent years, English professional employment situation is becoming increasingly grim backdrop, select English (partly by choice) students often throw this question: "What is the use to study literature?" The author of some senior English major college 60 students to do a survey, covering interest in literature, reading the original with the number of English and American Literature, teaching content, teaching style, classroom expectations and other forms of 15 areas. Of 55 valid questionnaires. The results showed that: learning literature on motivation, 25 people said to credits, accounting for 45%; 49 people recognize the literary original was not read more than ten, accounting for 89%; 12 said they are not interested in literature, accounting for 22% . Thus, students choose courses has obvious utilitarian.(1)学生对学习文学的认识不足,兴趣不高。其原因在于伴随市场经济高速发展而来的实用主义思潮对学生学习动机的影响。学生在选择专业时首要考虑的是就业的难易,很少有人会真正从自己的兴趣出发。(2) a serious shortage of teaching hours, teaching task difficult to complete. American Literature After several years of development, the emergence of a large number of classical writers Canruo stars and classic works of the human spirit to become an important part of civilization treasure. However, with the acceleration of economic globalization, "pragmatism" and "utilitarian" wind wreak havoc, many college students increasingly severe employment pressure, constantly American Literature courses or lessons deletion, increase the "practical" courses or class. According to the survey, most of the institutions of the English literature or American literature class compression in one semester (36 hours), the author's school curriculum since the implementation of miniaturization, the Anglo-American literature teaching only 30 hours, remove the necessary programs to import, review Yingkao and holidays conflict, actual teaching time is less than 30 hours. In such a short period of time make up for hundreds of years out of human cultural achievements demonstrate the difficulty of imagined. Thus, "in a limited appreciation of a certain number of hours in the literature becomes 'superficial' type of interpretation." Yu Jianhua professor at a meeting pointed out that domestic literature teaching only "Happy flower", even "fly" can do. End of the course, we give the students left behind? http://www.ukassignment.org/dxygessay/
(3) American literature textbook construction to be optimized. At present, the Anglo-American literary publishing more than dozens of textbooks, literature teachers have a "full" choice of space, but really outstanding undergraduate teaching materials suitable for not many. Too much emphasis on teaching the history of some of the narrative, the content is too long, or some Readings Readings content does not reflect the essence of the work lies. Combination of materials selected from history are more monotonous presentation style: literary history, writers Synopsis, Work Reading notes. According to the survey, "Most teachers teaching materials they use are not satisfied."
(4) teaching methods and other technical aspects of limited teaching effectiveness unsatisfactory. Although the 21st century has passed since the decade, for teaching facilities and the lack of courseware development, teaching English and American Literature in most schools still use the term "a piece of chalk, a book," the traditional teaching methods. This single media is often difficult for students to produce sensory stimulation, it is difficult to stimulate student interest in learning. Although some teachers use teaching courseware, but too much reliance on the courseware, class became the teacher reading PPT performances. In addition, the classroom teaching monotonous. Since lack of student participation, teaching activities essentially unilateral teachers explain and indoctrination. In the teachers' one-man mode, students passively accept a lot of knowledge, learning motivation has been suppressed. The result would be on the one hand teachers spoke listlessly or narcissism, the other students listen uninteresting or distracted.
(5) teachers lagged behind literature teacher professional quality to be improved. From the teacher concerned, at this stage the overall level of English and American literature teacher to be improved. Some teachers professional starting point is not high, lack of knowledge reserves. Since the school where they are limited, there is no opportunity to go abroad or other domestic famous universities visit the school education, so progress is slow. In addition, parts of the college teachers still far from satisfactory in terms of income, coupled with the heavy task of teaching and living a lot of pressure, a lot of people still less than the heart to school, do research. For them, teaching literature simply to impart knowledge, class lacks the necessary passion. Due to lack of original ideas and teaching methods, means monotonous, teaching effectiveness is far from ideal.
Second, the problem-solving strategies
(A) raise awareness of the significance of literature teaching. Over the past decade, more and more Chinese universities humanism education by pragmatism, consumerism and other concepts impact. Thus, just how to cultivate the kind of person attracted people's hot. Needless to say, the essence of university education is to develop students' thinking and learning ability, improve their cultural literacy. For example, Harvard University, the world's top 13 college setting for the school's core curriculum covers foreign cultures, history, literature and art, moral reasoning, quantitative reasoning, natural science, social analysis, a total of seven categories of 11 fields. Requested by at least a quarter of the undergraduate learning time elective at least seven areas, namely, 32-credit core courses in order to graduate, in which each professional must choose one to two literary and art courses. The core curriculum is the idea: "Let each one of Harvard University graduates not only by professional academic training, but also a wide range of general education should be to become educated people." American College English Department also stressed the aims of education students' creative thinking, correct writing and effective communication, "the ability for the main course literature, culture and writing. Literary work is the writer thought of the times with its condensation of human treasure trove of great ideas. It is no exaggeration to say that literature in improving students 'humanistic quality, students' independent thinking, problem-solving abilities irreplaceable role.
(2) strengthening the teaching staff. Literature Teaching literature class teachers are the engine of the weak stage faculty is restricting the development of literature teaching a major bottleneck. Colleges and universities should strengthen the training of young teachers to encourage job training or pursue a degree; conditional cooperation with foreign universities, through education, raise funds through various channels to the Anglo-American countries, some of the teachers selected studies; strengthen domestic and international academic exchanges, conditional The schools should regularly invite some foreign experts to give lectures, or organize some seminars, to encourage young teachers to actively participate in the Anglo-American literary studies at home and abroad to grasp the new dynamics, some analysts absorb new literary theories and research methods. Teachers themselves should also be responsible attitude to the students to take the initiative, active learning, teaching philosophy, literary training, reform capacity and the use of modern teaching methods and other aspects to further improve their overall quality in teaching and research, research and promote teaching.
(3) optimize the construction of teaching materials and teaching content settings. At present, construction of Anglo-American literature textbook Although there has been great progress, but also some unsatisfactory. In addition to all colleges and universities to select an existing outstanding teaching, but also can be combined with the level of our students to write their own teaching materials as a supplement. Materials should be selected moderate difficulty, length suitable to represent the most classic works of writers of the color chapters. In addition, if necessary, inspirational thinking questions, literary terminology introduction and commentary sample also indispensable.
Choice of teaching content may wish to literary history as a key link to the literary stage for the line to literary genre for the module to the classic works as an entry point to point. For each school, teachers selected one to two writers can be represented succinctly and classic works on behalf of their chapters, while the same period interspersed introduce other writers and works.
In addition, a certain amount of criticism helps improve appreciation of literature, and thus stimulate literary aesthetic experience and interest. Teachers in the teaching practice teaching content according to briefly introduce some timely criticism and theory. For example, in the teaching of "Sister Carrie", in addition to the traditional naturalistic criticism, but also from the viewpoint of the consumer society, contact the current economic transition period to evaluate the background of Carrie; combined with "The Woman Warrior" to introduce feminist , cultural identity and other criticism …… existentialism, post-colonial, gender theory, psychoanalysis, etc. is also a topic of interest to students.
(4) the reform of teaching methods and teaching mode. Literature teaching than teachers narcissism or self-assertion type of analysis and evaluation, but should arouse students' introspection.
In teaching methods take advantage of multimedia technology. The author of the survey showed 42 percent of the students (23 people) said that the greatest difficulty learning literature lack of time; another 69% of the students (38 people) that need multimedia teaching. Informative literature classes, fewer hours, if you want for a writer to have a comprehensive understanding of two hours of teaching time is not enough. In order to increase per unit time teaching content, improve teaching efficiency, active teaching atmosphere, multimedia obvious advantages. Multimedia courseware should include: course outline, background information, writers introduced works to choose from, literary criticism perspective, discussing thinking questions, related websites and other content, focusing on illustrations, audio / video combination. In the production, the use of courseware, to grasp the "degree" principle. First, to forms, to avoid students appeared fatigued, the second is not overly dependent on courseware, courseware role just icing on the cake, not distracting.